Friday, November 11, 2011
Sent: Saturday, October 29, 2011 1:00 PM
Subject: Legal Manager for a Private Sector Bank - required for ING Vysya Bank in MUmbai
IF ANY OF THE PROFILE FITS U – KINDLY SEND ACROSS YOUR CV IN A WORD FORMAT INDICATING
- The Code- “Deputy Legal Head”
- Location –Mumbai
- Present Salary/CTC (Fixed+ Variables)
- Scanned Photo -
Deputy Legal Head for a Private Sector Bank - required for ING Vysya Bank in MUmbai
The Deputy Head Legal is to support the Head Corporate Legal, in providing Legal Advisory services to the various Business and Control functions within the Bank, more specifically to Wholesale Banking and Financial Markets.
Will be primarily accountable for the following relating to the Wholesale Banking & Financial Markets functions of the Bank:
· Devolve strategies from a legal perspective to facilitate business within the legal framework specifically relating to Wholesale Banking & Financial Markets, as well as any other business or control function ( delegated to the incumbent by the Head Corporate Legal) after due consultation and approval of Head Corporate Legal.
· Structuring transactions relating to corporate matters such as investments, divestments, acquisitions etc, specifically to Wholesale Banking and Financial Markets.
· Evaluate and monitor the progress on the cases filed against the Bank.
· Evaluate the progress on high value recovery related litigation with suggested recommendations to hasten the proceedings through interaction with the counsels.
· Providing solutions to legal / regulatory issues arising out of business activities with commercial bent of mind, within the available legal / regulatory framework with quick turn around time (TAT)
· Introduction of appropriate policies and procedures for handling legal issues arising in the Bank's activities.
· Review of loan documents and introduction of New documents for the New
· Ensure that the Bank is represented by competent, credible and reputed attorneys.
· Facilitate structuring / finalizing transactions in compliance with regulatory / statutory requirements through appropriate advisory / clarificatory services.
· Minimising dependency on external legal counsel for legal opinions, drafting and vetting of loan documents.
· Provide internally necessary legal advisory support as when required.
· Necessary assistance from legal perspective including drafting and suggesting of loan documents for launching new asset products or modification of prevailing product.
· Review of actual expenses vis a vis budget allotment to keep control on the expenses.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Job knowledge of laws relating to Banks/financial institutions, Good analytical ability/ sound judgement etc.,
Graduate / Post Graduate in Law.
Additional qualification PG in Management / CA / ICWA/ ACS desirable.
10 – 15 years experience in the legal field of which at least 5 year of practice as an advocate, 5 years exposure of providing legal advice and support in Wholesale Banking & Financial Markets areas.